Friday, February 4, 2011

Ħαρρʏ Ǥσℓ∂ɛи Яαввιт ƆИƳ! (βɛнιи∂ тнɛ ƨcɛиɛƨ)




It was the Chinese New Year. Here are just some snippets behind this auspicious festival for the Chinese... Of course, this is the year of the Golden Rabbit. (That is my grandma! She will turn 72 this December.) Here are just some snippets of the preparation of Chinese New Year...


Making green peas cookies.

I got hit... AGAIN!!


This is how you make cookies!

Well, it is not easy when it comes to shaping them. I got a mild backache after that!

Now that Christmas is over, and here comes Chinese New Year. GET OUT OF MY WAY! XD

Here are two paper lanterns which are just part of the entire Chinese New Year scene. They may look cute but the job of lifting the figurines needs patience and caution!

Blossoms and mock mandarin oranges to brighten up the celebration.

"Get the job hurried!!!"



Tree: See, how beautiful am I?

Right: I am a great cook too! ;-)


What a feast! This was the dinner course for the Chinese New Year's Eve.


This is the "yee sang".


让我们捞个风生水起!


Hee... that is me in one of my Chinese New Year outfit. I love it!


Red symbolises good luck.


These are the Chinese New Year cookies and nuts as snacks.

No comments:

:) :( ;) :D ;;-) :-/ :x :P :-* =(( :-O X( :7 B-) :-S #:-S 7:) :(( :)) :| /:) =)) O:-) :-B =; :-c :)] ~X( :-h :-t 8-7 I-) 8-| L-) :-a :-$ [-( :O) 8-} 2:-P (:| =P~ :-? #-o =D7 :-SS @-) :^o :-w 7:P 2):) X_X :!! \m/ :-q :-bd ^#(^ :ar!

Post a Comment