Saturday, February 19, 2011

New Column: Social Commentaries

Okay, I am starting a new column: Social commentaries to make my site more informative. I will give my opinions on social issues weekly, but in a brief form. Please comment to help improve this brand-new column! Thanks!

The topic of the week is... (Sorry, this may sound gross)

SUICIDE

I wonder what has actually happened in this era of modernisation. Many youth committed suicide due to various factors, such as failure in studies, work and relationships. Just recently, a Malacca student, Sally Lee Qian Chun, ended her life in school due to her failure in her relationship. She rushed out of the laboratory during chemistry class and jumped down from the third floor. She left pessimistic messages on Facebook as her boyfriend left her. (Sin Chew Daily)

Oh my god, love is indeed blind. Just in the end of last year, Alviss Kong ended his life in the same method and due to the same factor as well. I must agree that all the homo sapiens in this world have the experience of feeling depressed. (Including me, of course!) However, we can do nothing without our life, right?

Love our life, as we have our loved ones together with us. If you do not love your life, what is your right to pour in immense love towards your beloved? You can die for your beloved, but what about your family and friends? Can you imagine the tears which pour out of their eyes like dams?

Just remember something:
"Immature love: I love you because I need you. Mature love: I need you because I love you."
I got that phrase from my friend's Facebook and I shared it here because it is truly inspirational. Of course, I am still single, but that is my personal opinion.

Where there is a will, there is a way. Friends, there is hope in every hardships in life. Cheer up! :)

No comments:

:) :( ;) :D ;;-) :-/ :x :P :-* =(( :-O X( :7 B-) :-S #:-S 7:) :(( :)) :| /:) =)) O:-) :-B =; :-c :)] ~X( :-h :-t 8-7 I-) 8-| L-) :-a :-$ [-( :O) 8-} 2:-P (:| =P~ :-? #-o =D7 :-SS @-) :^o :-w 7:P 2):) X_X :!! \m/ :-q :-bd ^#(^ :ar!

Post a Comment