Sunday, May 20, 2012

Miss Roti Canai in the Making! (Part 1 第一篇)

Yes, roti canai. Thin and yummy yet packed in calories, and that is what I am right now (but I'm not thin!)

If you are wondering the reason behind me calling myself as "Roti Canai", do take your time, sit back, enjoy your tea and read my post. I have changed the music and gave my diary a totally BLUE makeover!

Let me tell you how do my school look like. I have told you about the exterior, right?

Now the interior... LET'S GO!

是的,我没说错,印度煎饼。又薄又好吃,可是卡路里含量极高。轻松一下,做个深呼吸,喝杯茶,读我的帖子。我已经换了音乐,日志是100%蓝色的啦!

想必你们知道我校外观了吧?让我们走进圣乔治中学探索探索吧!

#Please calm down everyone. Put your weapons and fists aside. I know I'll get a very good bashing for this!
#冷静冷静!我知道我会被揍扁!




Grilles and grilles and grilles. As I looked around the little school compound, these were abundant almost at every single staircase available. At that moment, I was wondering if I was in a castle or in an army camp after all. Old and haunted it is. Fortunately it did not freak me out! Yay to my guts! :P

不是铁栅,就是铁栅。我望着学校四周,看到几乎每个楼梯口都有铁栅呢!顷刻,我正猜疑,我当时是否身在皇宫还是军营呢?学校建筑物又陈旧又阴森森的,好不令人冒冷汗。还好,我没被吓坏!

The stairs in the main building lead to various parts of the school, which made going around the school quite complicated. I mean, just a little bit. You will get accustomed to the maze after a couple of days, so girls, do not worry! Do take a friend or two along wherever you go, though.

办公建筑物内的楼梯,能把你带到校园的每个角落去。学校跟迷宫根本就没两样嘛!两天后,自然就会轻易地解决迷宫,适应环境啦!不过,去哪儿还是有个朋友陪伴为妙!

I was stunned when I noticed some of the classrooms do not have doors. Students had to sit for their examinations at the corridor. The canteen and cooperation shop were mini-sized. For the cooperation shop, I cannot walk in just as what I did back in high school. Here, you place your order and the cooperative shop assistants will sell it for you, just like typical counters.

当我看到有些课室没有门,我目瞪口呆。学生得在走廊应考。食堂和合作社则是迷你版本的,小巧精致。我再也不能像昔日这样,自由出入合作社。


For a plus-sized person like me, I will really be a roti canai here! Everything is mini-sized. Never mind I can put up with these! Ha ha. (You should learn how to adapt yourself anywhere at all times, okay Sharon?)

待在这儿久些,我真的会变得和印度煎饼没两样呢!校内的一切,都是迷你版本的。不用紧,我忍!(去哪里都要懂得适应嘛对不对?)

Nevertheless, I managed to find a green meadow and some beauty beneath the "castle" which looked like as if it has just survived from an apocalyptic battle. The La Salle Garden which was right in front of the tiny canteen never fail to greet the Georgians and Georginas with its infinite beauty and smile. Greens growing healthy, strong and lush, with flowers cheering up the otherwise solemn mood. The stairs, some still made of wood and were slanted at a moderately large angle, made the staircase seemingly haunted, yet intricate.

不过,在偌大的战后皇宫内,我看到了一个小小的花园。一片绿茵中,五彩缤纷的花儿,无时无刻地向校内师生微笑,让校内严肃的气氛多了些生气。其中一个楼梯还是木制的,非常斜。虽然它看似恐怖,却不乏美感。

Different school, different environment. Stay as a precious princess and you will NEVER, EVER survive.

校风不同,环境也不同。我告诉自己,我不能再当温室里的娇花,当个刁蛮公主,否则就活不下去。

(Okay, I know that I'm nowhere good at describing buildings XP)



(待续)
(To be continued)

No comments:

:) :( ;) :D ;;-) :-/ :x :P :-* =(( :-O X( :7 B-) :-S #:-S 7:) :(( :)) :| /:) =)) O:-) :-B =; :-c :)] ~X( :-h :-t 8-7 I-) 8-| L-) :-a :-$ [-( :O) 8-} 2:-P (:| =P~ :-? #-o =D7 :-SS @-) :^o :-w 7:P 2):) X_X :!! \m/ :-q :-bd ^#(^ :ar!

Post a Comment